The Tigerspike New York office needs a talented UI designer to join the growing experience team. You should have an impressive portfolio that shows a diversity of work in the digital space, with extra points for mobile-specific designs. You have some experience, but aren’t tied to any specific workflow or format. And most importabtly you are curious and excited to figure out how technology can change the way we live and work.
We will provide you with an exciting job, competitive salary and the opportunity to grow quickly. A multi-disciplined team and exciting client base means your designs will come to life, and that your decisions matter. We will make sure you have the tools you need to succeed, whether that means a new Macbook Pro or a Skillshare class on After Effects.
Role & Responsibilities
UI Designers at Tigerspike are responsible for designing world-leading products and experiences. This is a key role within the growing and multi-disciplined team. The role will see you create designs across a wide range of digital platforms for some of the world’s most popular brands.
- Turn client and stakeholder ideas into experiences
- Communicate design and aesthetic concepts to a wide variety of people with varying levels of interface ability and knowledge including: Client representatives, Consumers, Development Teams, Designers, Producers, Senior Managers, Commercial team, and Suppliers
- Facilitate collaborative working sessions and present ideas and solutions
- Deliver pixel-perfect designs that are as usable as they are beautiful
- Present ideas, concepts and pitches in a relevant and engaging manner (from casual sketches to hand-coded microsites)
- Roll up your sleeves and slice those assets. That icon must. Look. Perfect.
- Proactively look to refine process and best practice within the design team and influence others to continually improve
The Ideal Candidate
- Design talent with the ability to tackle a range of subject matters
- 3+ years of digital design experience
- Skilled in both web, mobile product interfaces and open to explore new hardware interfaces
- Confident with Web, Android and iOS user interface conventions and know when to adhere to the rules and when to flex them to achieve the most valuable solution for users
- Value high quality from polished pixels, branding to the product in-hand
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
- Always learning, curious, and open to new ideas
- Fun and positive. We like to have a good time at Tigerspike; otherwise we wouldn’t come to work everyday!
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, understanding how comps translate to code.
- Must be self-motivated, good communicator, comfortable with following direction, thrive on multidisciplinary teams (UX and Developers)
- Able to balance great design with tight turnaround.
- Able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
About Tigerspike – the Personal Media Company
At Tigerspike, we create products and solutions that improve people’s lives. Started in 2003, we have been working in the mobile space since the beginning and are always looking to push forward and stay on the cutting edge. We help solve problems for some of the world’s largest companies, including American Express, DIRECTV, Shell, Emirates and dozens more.
In the Deloitte fast 50 for the past six years running, we have offices across the globe and offer all employees the ability to focus locally and collaborate globally. Over 200 strong now, Tigerspike is consistently growing and always ready for the right person.
TigerSpike - 5 months ago
Tigerspike is a user experience and personal technology software company creating products and solutions that improve the way people live...