The User Interface Designer will be responsible for driving the strategy, designing and developing user-friendly interfaces for our marketing websites, customer portals, web animations and mobile applications. This position is part of the Strategic Services group, which produces agency-level work in support of internal and external clients (including premium brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen and State Farm).
The User Interface Designer will act as the group's resident expert in user interface design principles. Must be able to work with a team to define requirements but then work independently to develop and execute visual designs from storyboarding to concept to final delivery of files for development. Ideal candidates should possess an extremely sophisticated design aesthetic with the talent to execute upon that aesthetic.
The primary goal of the User Interface Designer is to bring simplicity and a pleasing user experience to our digital assets using the following general guidelines: Thoroughly understand the project objectives through team meetings and analysis. Create a strategic plan to meet objectives with strategic, innovative thinking. Design and develop the solutions by applying industry best practices and innate talent.
Champion the user experience by applying user-interface design principles to the design and development of user-centric interfaces. Deliver concepts via wireframe. Design the actual linterfaces and deliver final production artwork, including all related artifacts.
Define project goals, requirements and deliverables. Develop and document navigation structures, information architecture, page flows and user interfaces. Prepare annotated design specifications and ensure implementation to specification by collaboration with cross-functional teams.
Define interface design standards and guidelines.
Maintain design consistency for various clients by developing style guides, style sheets and enforcing established standards and best practices
Analyze existing UI functionality and provide direction for improvements.
- Employee must have extensive knowledge of best practices in User Interface Design as well as of the tools and software needed to execute design for apps, websites and other critical projects. Must be able to understand the impact design decisions will have on the development schedule and on potential costs and conflicts with existing code.
- Knowledgable of the latest innovations in interface design for the most prominent platforms, such as HTML 5, Android and iOS.
- A creative and effective thinker with the ability to think outside-the-box, while at the same time maintaining acceptable corporate standards and sensibilities. Must be able to handle critique and feedback from multiple sources and incorporate it into cohesive designs that do not lose focus.
- Exhibits strong verbal skills and the ability to effectively present conceptual strategies and ideas to team members and department management. Must be detail oriented without getting stuck in or derailed by the details.Self-motivated and self-managed. Need to have strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments and deliver within deadline.
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates ability to design user-friendly, intuitive and compelling user interfaces.
- To be successful in this role, the User Interface Designer should possess a reasonable combination of the following:
- 6+ years working in marketing departments and/or design or agency environments as an interface/interactive designer, or equivalent.
- 2+ years working for companies with a consumer focus.
- 3+ years in the corporate or large organizational environment.
- Expertise in interface design and user experience principles.
- Experience with Business process and workflow modeling
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Resourceful, get-it-done attitude.
- Quality focused.
- Highly developed design aesthetic.
- Experience with video editing and/or audio editing a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...