Responsible for visual design, page aesthetics and usability. Supports the development of the page graphics and copy within the boundaries of the page templates.
Essential Job Functions/Accountabilities:
? Provide clear and consistent direction and leadership to direct reports and/or vendor partners
? Understand best practices in user interface design and implement them into concepts for enterprise level ecommerce storefronts.
? Work with programmers to integrate designs with dynamic data sources to create highly customized user experiences.
? Create high quality designs based on varying levels of creative direction often with short turnaround times.
? Build HTML & CSS that supports all major browsers as well as deprecated versions ( such as IE 6) when necessary.
? Working knowledge of web scripting languages, specifically Ruby on Rails, as it pertains to user views is a major plus.
? Manage assigned projects from start to completion including concept, development and delivery to both internal and external clients.
? Able to work either independently, with a strong work ethic and proven ability to meet deadlines or as a member of a collaborative team with both graphic design and programming professionals.
? Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
? Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
? Track and report on all site metrics
? Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
? Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
? Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Graphic Design, or related discipline
- 3-5 years experience managing digital content and production for high traffic websites
? Equipment Used ( Tools & Technology)
- Expert-level knowledge of following skills: • HTML • CSS • PhotoShop • Flash ActionScript 3 • java script • AJAX • JQuery
- working knowledge of PHP, or Ruby on Rails, MySQL
- Understand best practices in user interface design and implement them into concepts for enterprise level ecommerce storefronts.
- Relevant eCommerce and digital experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Advanced computer and internet skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)