Tencent is looking for top talent to build our team in the U.S. The ideal candidate will thrive in a creative and often ambiguous environment. S/he has the courage to challenge the status quo and superior judgment to make decisions that impact our business and users on a daily basis. S/he is passionate and self-motivated to continuously exceed expectations; meeting expectations is not an acceptable option.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of user experience.
- Design and conduct surveys, facilitate focus groups, and usability sessions for mobile product.
- Source users for a variety of research methods and track and maintain growing panels.
- Provide insightful analysis and actionable recommendations to improve the application experience for our users
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field studies, benchmark studies and surveys. Experience working with quantitative data and experimental design a plus.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and other team members to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Identify knowledge gaps about how consumers think about and use the product.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Conduct front end analysis, interviewing, focus groups, and requirements gathering.
- Work with internal clients to select the most appropriate tools, techniques, and approaches for a given initiative.
- Provide feedback on prototypes, mocks, or other work in progress based on knowledge of cognitive factors, guiding internal clients toward the development of “researchable” stimuli.
- Schedule and select research participants. Arrange necessary resources to ensure a smooth experience for testers and internal clients.
- Conduct ongoing user feedback sessions in partnership with internal clients and lead debrief sessions to discuss key learnings and next steps.
Located in Palo Alto, California, Tencent America is dedicated to bringing high quality and engaging gaming and mobile experiences to our users.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in relevant discipline (HCI, sociology, psychology, anthropology or other field emphasizing human behavior) highly desired.
- Experience working on enterprise software, consumer internet sites, or mobile applications highly preferred.
- 3-5 years experience managing user research studies, preferably at a hands-on client side position or at a research agency.
- Understands a younger audience’s interaction and use of mobile devices and mobile messaging.
- Good understanding of the user experience & user motivations, survey and focus group methodology.
- Ability to elicit insightful feedback from research participants and coach internal clients on what they should do about it.
- Able to work with a wide cross-functional team of colleagues.
We are small and nimble, but growing rapidly and looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading internet company, Tencent America offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive. We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation. We seek like-minded individuals who prosper and thrive in this culture, and also know how to have fun. We offer competitive compensation, fully paid health benefits, on-site gaming (of course), and truly value our team members and their professional growth.
For more information about Tencent, please visit us at: http://careers.tencent.com/global/