Position: User Researcher, HTC Innovation
Location: Seattle, WA
About the User Experience Design Team
Over the past 6 years, HTC's Global UX Design team has created the vision for HTC Sense, HTC's branded, cross-platform user experience. During that time, HTC has transformed from a device manufacturer into a global consumer brand. The UX design team provides design strategy for all of HTC, and collaborates directly with product teams in Taipei to bring new designs to market. We are a smallteam with the feel of a startup and the backing of a company with over $15 billion in annual sales.
Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals within an integrated cross-disciplinary teams to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
The Innovation Team is looking for user researchers with two years’ experience (or equivalent training in a post-graduate program) to join our growing user research team. We are seeking professionals who are driven to be fully integrated members of the team, show a talent of developing knowledge about our customers, and can design research solutions with full commitment to HTC's success in the mobile device market.
What you get to do every day:
- Design and conduct primary research to generate new design concepts.
- Design and conduct user research to collect relevant user data to validate and refine interaction designs and deliver successful user experience on HTC products.
- Conduct secondary research to collect relevant data to provide a comprehensive perspective on design topics.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to define objectives of research projects and develop research solutions to meet those objectives.
- Collaborate with UX designers, planning and development teams in HTC, and external research vendors to manage projects and assure on-time delivery of research findings.
- Use research findings to refine HTC Sense UX guidelines and communicate UX guidelines and usability feedback to HTC customers and partners.
- Contribute to the evolving culture and processes at HTC's UX Design Studio and throughout HTC's Innovation Team organizations.
What you bring to the role:
- BS/BA in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Applied Anthropology or closely related fields with relevant work experience in UI design or usability; Master degrees are strongly preferred, with course work in research methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in designing both hardware and software user interfaces, especially in human-device interaction.
- A strong interest in working on multiple research projects at different phases, with a focus on prototype testing and early-phase exploration.
- Team-player aptitude to work with a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, planners, engineers and external research vendors.
- Examples of projects that demonstrate research and analytic skills.
- Great project management and communication skills.
We should get to know each other if you:
- Are thrilled by the chance to observe, learn and understand the behaviors, needs and desires of people using mobile devices.
- Are committed to create impacts with your work.
- Love to work with professionals from different disciplines to create great products.
- Enjoy finding interesting questions to answer, and finding interesting ways to answer questions.
- Love to work with cross-country, cross-cultural teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer