Firmwide Information Services
department has an excellent opportunity for a
User Support Specialist
to be located in the
office. The main responsibilities are:
- Provide focused support for all end-user technical and application software problems at a Tier 2 level both desk side and virtually via remote control and phone support. Primary interface with end users when investigating and resolving their problems.
- Provide exceptional customer service through consulting, installation, support, training, and troubleshooting for the end-user community, as well as practicing high quality customer support skills, such as face-to-face, telephone, internet and email, reliability, timeliness and effectiveness.
- Responsible for one-on-one training. In addition to our training staff, User Support Specialists are expected to provide one-on-one training as needed, either ad hoc or desk side on Firm technology, e.g. software applications, hardware/devices, access methods.
- Perform testing of software applications, upgrades, security patches as deemed necessary, utilizing the Firm’s test matrices to ensure the usability of the Firm’s core PC applications suite, as well as application performance and system performance stop watch testing.
- Participate on project teams including small to large sized projects, effectively meet project milestones, deadlines and target dates; work closely with project managers to understand defined and scheduled tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in the IT field along with a minimum of one year in a support role or combination of education and experience. Professional services experience (preferably a large law firm) highly desirable.
- Extensive experience with MS Office 2010 or greater, Windows 7, iManage FileSite and other legal specific core applications.
- Extensive experience in hardware support of desktops, laptops, printers and other peripherals, as well as PDA and wireless devices such as Blackberries, iPhones and iPads.
- Strong knowledge of application testing, maintenance and application compatibility.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team based environment.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, to maintain successful relationships with end users and keep them informed as to status. Inform team members about new knowledge, methods, technologies and other developments.
Baker & Hostetler LLP - 17 months ago