Rhodes Shift Maintenance / Utilities Operations Technicians operate utilities and execute facilities and manufacturing cGMP PM's and corrective maintenance. This position maintains all mechanical equipment, utilities, piping systems, rotating equipment and process equipment for the plant. Prior industrial experience is required; prior batch chemical plant and cGMP experience a definite plus. General knowledge of centrifugal pumps, mechanical seals, chillers, compressors, fans, HVAC systems, piping systems, etc. required. Demonstrated safe work record required. This position requires extensive interface with facility engineers and operations personnel.
Boiler Operations are an important part of this job / position. Boiler operating experience is required; Boiler Operator's license, Stationary Engineer's license, or equivalent is required. Candidates without current licenses may be considered; testing for and issue of the City of Providence Boiler Operator's license would be required before the end of a first year of employment with Rhodes; training for and upgrade to Stationary Engineer's license would be expected by end of year-2.
Rotating shift assignment required. Modified / flexible shift is the norm for Rhodes. Shift schedules and actual rotation may be modified to meet the developing business needs of the facility.
Periodic overtime and weekend emergency call-in will be required.
- PM execution in a highly proceduralized, compliance driven regulated environment.
- Maintenance of industrial rotating equipment, pumps, agitators, mechanical seals, fans, compressors, chillers, utilities piping systems, motors, etc.
- Boiler operations, maintenance, and turnaround.
- Corrective maintenance and repair,
- Care for automated plant utilities.
- Daily equipment, utilities, and energy data acquisition, both manual and by automated systems with daily input to the plant equipment history system (SAP - PM).
Technicians would typically achieve the above by on-the-job training and:
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
- High school graduate or GED; 2-yr technical certificate a plus, and
- 5-10 years in industry, and
- 3+ years in Facilities Maintenance or other plant operations / support capacity.
The Utilities Operations / Shift Maintenance Technician position is non-exempt and as such, primarily experience-based. In addition to demonstrated prior experience in the areas listed under "Principal Accountabilities" above, this position would be well suited for technicians with additional experience and exposure preferred in the following areas:
Additionally, the following technical skills would be required or developed on-the-job:
- Periodic contractor coordination for PM and / or repair scopes of work.
- CMMS, especially SAP-PM.
- Mechanical Integrity / Process Safety Management (PSM) by OSHA 1910.119j.
- Participation in ASME vessel and piping systems inspection.
- Reliability-based maintenance techniques.
- Proactive maintenance by laser alignment, etc.
- Experience with predictive maintenance systems, especially vibration monitoring, thermography, tribology, etc.
- HVAC and Refrigeration Maintenance.
- Boiler operation and maintenance.
- Construction turnover participation.
- Material / job planning and coordination with other crafts, production personnel, and facility engineers.
- Engineering project team participation, design review, reliability analysis.
- RI-Licensing - electrician's, pipe fitter's, welder's, refrigeration technician's license, etc. (Senior level technicians only).
- City of Providence licensing - boiler licensing as described above.
- Basic PC skills, MS - Office, etc.
- CMMS required; SAP - PM a plus.
- PM, PdM, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com . No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 30+ days ago