Assist Plant Operator in maintaining high safety and production standards, which consist of, but are not limited to, basic fabrication, general repairs and service of plant equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work without direct supervision.
* Assist Plant Operator in maintaining high safety and production standards which consist of, but are not limited to, basic fabrication, general repairs and service of plant equipment.
* Follow proper GOH/MSHA safety practices and procedures.
* Conduct pre and post shift plant and equipment inspections.
* Perform as a team member.
* Utilize all tools, torches and welding equipment.
* Perform basic fabrication requirements.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
* Moving machinery parts and the dangers they pose.
* Extensive knowledge of MSHA regulations.
* Demonstrate safe working practices.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Operate light equipment such as skid steers and water trucks.
* Use cutting torches and welding equipment.
* Demonstrate effective problem solving.
* Maintain personal and professional safety procedures.
* Work without direct supervision.
* Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge to perform the essential functions.
* Must possess skills in fabrication and plant maintenance.
* Must be self motivated.
* Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 1 year of previous experience in an aggregate production facility preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations, and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to shovel.
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
Glenn O. Hawbaker Inc. - 10 months ago