ACRT Inc. is currently seeking energetic entry level to industry experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our target is to identify candidates to work on Florida Power and Light’s utility system as vegetation management/contract arborists. Our field positions are ideal for professional minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resource, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines and with exposure in these fields or line of work. The position is great for learning the utility industry and working to develop the necessary skills for a successful career.
This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
• 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources or related field, or degree in GIS
• Minimum 12 months experience in Line Clearance or Utility Vegetation Management
• Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rates is required
• Basic knowledge of GPS/GIS systems is required
• Ability to work with and learn computer programs and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
• Ability to work independently
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in inclement weather
• Ability to read and follow maps
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be flexible in times of need, including extended week nights and weekends
• Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
• Basic knowledge of Utility Electrical systems and utility practices is a plus
• Utility Vegetation Management Experience a plus
• ISA Certified Arborist/Utility Specialist a plus
• Full Time position
• ACRT, Inc. offers competitive wages and excellent benefits
• Employees become owners and receive company stock after 1 yr
• Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
• Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
• ACRT, Inc. is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!!!
ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families.
• Group Life Insurance
• Optional Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Boot Allowance Program
• ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
• Employee Referral Program
ACRT, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard