Excellent position to start your career at Fairchild Semiconductor working as an Utility Associate, maintaining the cleanliness of the site.
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
Successful applicant will:
- Clean areas of the factory, maintain grounds, and perform other duties as directed.
- Clear sidewalks of snow and spread salt and cinders on slippery surfaces.
- Receive, verify, move, deliver, ship, and maintain inventory records, parts, equipment, furniture, office supplies, and products, which may require the use of hand and power operated equipment.
- Load and unload carriers and verify incoming shipments for conformity to packing slips and waybills.
- Pick up product, materials, and shipments at various plant areas and deliver to areas of the plant.
- Perform additional material handling assignments such as packing product for shipment, crating and disposal of waste materials, stocking and palletizing.
- Follow all safety standards and precautions including the wearing of the proper safety equipment as prescribed by the area to maintain a safe working condition/environment.
- Segregate, arrange and store chemical stock items in specific areas, and maintain records of chemicals received and stored.
- Collect and properly dispose of waste chemicals.
- Become a member of the Emergency Response team and participate in the required Hazmat/Gas Response training and incident responses.
- Participate in hazardous waste handling and hazardous waste shipping training, along with other appropriate related training.
- Obtain and maintain all required skill certifications.
- Maintain clean room protocols.
- Replenish supplies and maintains equipment in good order.
- Empty waste cans or other receptacles and dispose of trash or recyclable materials.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Aid in the training of new or lesser skilled employees.
- Transport various items in vehicle in unforeseen situations or emergencies.
- Receive, handle, store, deliver, and maintain a diversified range of chemicals.
- Mix and prepare chemical compounds and solutions according to written instructions.
- Deliver chemicals to proper plant destinations to fill orders and maintain inventories of chemical stock in assigned areas.
- Load and unload carriers and transport goods to designated mixing and storage areas by means of conventional material handling equipment.
- Must attain acceptable scores, as determined by management, on pre-screening exams.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Able to bend, squat, kneel, twist, and reach on a frequently over entire shift.
- Sufficient dexterity to operate machinery.
- Pass required surveillance physicals, including but not limited to HAZMAT, respiratory physicals, criteria for vision (with or without corrective lenses) and hearing requirements.
- Able to push/pull up to 1000 lbs on a wheeled cart.
- Able t handle different temperature/weather extremes.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Fairchild Semiconductor Incorporated - 17 months ago