POWER YOUR CAREER WITH SEDC!
We are a leading financial software development and services company for the utility industry, seeking to fill a position as Software Quality Assurance Analyst
· Write manual and automated test cases
· Work to develop and implement appropriate testing methodologies, processes and procedures.
· Develop and document test strategies and plans.
· Interact with programming, design and customer support departments to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret tests for products, systems, components or modifications.
· Identify functional problems and suggest resolutions.
· Demonstrate knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in Software Development life cycle.
· Develop, analyze and execute manual and automated test cases.
· Identify and resolve issues arising during testing through appropriate feedback to programmers and management.
· Maintain records and log of issues and tracking through resolution.
· Participate in process improvement or change programs as appropriate.
· Assist in developing quality assurance policies and procedures relating to software testing.
· Participate in meetings held with appropriate department staff in planning steps required to implement quality software.
· Assist with the review of specialized and complex data and evaluate accuracy of completed software tests.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline
2-5 years quality assurance / software testing experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with SQL and UNIX.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-orientated, flexible and handle stressful situations.
- Knowledge of software testing techniques and practices.
- Experience with accounting, billing, and/or customer management software preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to compile, organize and analyze data.
- Ability to use problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Familiarity with COBOL, JAVA, and .NET are a plus.
- Utility experience is a plus.