POWER YOUR CAREER WITH SEDC!
We are a leading financial software development and services company for the utility industry, seeking to fill a position as Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Education and Work Experience
- Write manual and automated test cases
- Work to develop and implement appropriate testing methodologies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and document test strategies and plans.
- Interact with programming, design and customer support departments to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret tests for products, systems, components or modifications.
- Identify functional problems and suggest resolutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in Software Development life cycle.
- Develop, analyze and execute manual and automated test cases.
- Identify and resolve issues arising during testing through appropriate feedback to programmers and management.
- Maintain records and log of issues and tracking through resolution.
- Participate in process improvement or change programs as appropriate.
- Assist in developing quality assurance policies and procedures relating to software testing.
- Participate in meetings held with appropriate department staff in planning steps required to implement quality software.
- Assist with the review of specialized and complex data and evaluate accuracy of completed software tests. Qualifications
Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline
2-5 years quality assurance / software testing experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be familiar with SQL and UNIX.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be detail-orientated, flexible and handle stressful situations.
Familiarity with COBOL, JAVA, and .NET are a plus.
Utility experience is a plus.
Knowledge of software testing techniques and practices.
Experience with accounting, billing, and/or customer management software preferred
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Ability to compile, organize and analyze data.
Ability to use problem-solving techniques.
Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities.
Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Ability to work independently.
Performs other related work as required.
Meter Data Management knowledge a PLUS
Release Management experience a PLUS