Performs semi-skilled and skilled maintenance work in the construction, operation, maintenance, and repair of the city’s wastewater collection and water distribution system. Perform a variety of duties, such as hand excavation, heavy lifting, hauling materials, operating tools and equipment, furnishing tools, materials, and supplies to other workers; participates in the repair and preventive maintenance of water distribution and wastewater collection systems. This position performs the more routine tasks and duties assigned in potentially dangerous and hazardous conditions under the direct supervision of others. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Perform work in preventive and breakdown maintenance on pumps, mixers, motors, valves, meters, water and wastewater lines, instrumentation, and other related devices of assigned facilities.
- Maintain safety and proper operation according to City regulation in all jobs performed.
- Maintain traffic control of work sites by directing and guiding traffic and the placement of signs and devices to ensure a safe job site environment.
- Operate a variety of equipment including trucks, snowplows, salt spreader, hand tools, power tools, lawn equipment, electronic test meters, pumps, and various other vehicles and equipment.
- Monitor, review, and inspect all utility lines with the proper equipment; maintain inspection equipment as required.
- Participate in housekeeping duties, grounds and building maintenance; perform troubleshooting, repair and replacement duties for electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Perform on-call duties and overtime as required.
Experience & Education:
Experience: No experience required
Education: High School diploma
Must obtain a state certified Class A commercial driver's license with air brake endorsement within six months of employment.
Monday- Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
A background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen required.