Performs semi-skilled and skilled maintenance work in the construction, operation, maintenance, and repair of the city’s wastewater collection and water distribution system.
- Perform construction, operation, repair and maintenance on assigned systems.
- Maintain safety and proper operation according to City regulation in all jobs performed.
- Maintain traffic control of work sites by directing and guiding traffic and the placement of signs and devices to ensure a safe job site environment.
- Operate a variety of equipment including trucks, snowplows, salt spreader, hand tools, power tools, lawn equipment, electronic test meters, pumps, and various other vehicles and equipment.
- Participate in housekeeping duties, grounds and building maintenance; perform troubleshooting, repair and replacement duties for electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Perform on-call duties and overtime as required.
Experience & Education:
Experience : No experience is required.
Education : High school diploma or GED.
Requires a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B with air brake endorsement within six months of employment and have a favorable driving record.
Hours : 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday with occasional overtime.