Utility Operations Supervisor
Full Time Regular
Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound TX 75028, Texas
Print Job Information |
Supervises in the field and inspects work crews, engaged in the maintenance of water distribution, sewage collections, and wastewater treatment systems. Monitors contract services for the division. Reviews field complaints and reports options to the Utility Services Manager.
Examples of Duties:
1. Monitors work crews, works with crews, and follows up for quality control.
2. Assists, as directed, and makes recommendations to management in executing personnel/employee related task to include hiring, training, setting worker goals and objectives, scheduling work crews, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining employees.
3. Performs continual inspections of operational and personnel functions and activities to identify any inefficiencies and ineffectiveness and makes recommendations to management for corrective workable solutions.
4. Investigates and follows up on citizen concerns. Makes recommendations to management on suggested actions to be taken.
5. Serves on Public Works management team and assists in coordination of the field crews.
6. Assists in the budget preparation by gathering information, recommending equipment and materials to be purchased.
7. Identifies and reports hazards and liability exposures and immediately takes action for corrective measures.
8. Makes special reports and recommendations to the Utility Services Manager, as needed.
9. Recommends items, supplies, tools, equipment, and other material needed for utility operations
10. Assists in determining purchasing needs for upcoming projects and secures price quotes for purchases.
11. Informs supervisor of potential hazards, problem areas, public inquiries, and the status of other work activities.
12. Performs maintenance and operates equipment.
13. Adheres to personnel, safety, and department policies and procedures.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required. Training in water distribution and water and sewer system construction, maintenance, and repair work is required. Must have two or more years of related utility crew leader experience or other supervisory experience. Must maintain a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) "B" Wastewater Operator Class "B" Water Distribution Certification. Must have a valid Texas Driver's License and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
Must have a good working knowledge of wastewater treatment techniques and procedures, operations, and administration; knowledge of potable water operations and administration. Must be able to exercise good judgment; make competent decisions; handle multiple projects; prioritize and organize work assignments; meet deadlines; and work well under pressure and stress. Must have good leadership, organizational, supervisory, problem solving, and training skills. To perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to talk, read, see, walk, and hear; have good hand/foot/eye coordination to operate and repair equipment and vehicles; follow oral and written directives; perform strenuous physical activities to include: lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying heavy objects, equipment, and supplies up to 100 lbs. several times a day; shoveling; crawling; bending; kneeling; climbing on and off equipment; work indoors, underground, outdoors, in confined spaces, on level, slippery, sloping, unstable and muddy terrain, and under constantly noisy conditions; and work in adverse environmental conditions to include inclement weather such as rain, sleet, snow, heat, sun exposure and hazardous conditions such as mechanical, fume odor, dust/mist, chemical; and exposure to insects, noxious plants, and snakes. Must be able to maintain an effective and pleasant working relationship with employees, contractors, and the general public. Must work extensive hours and respond within 30 minutes to an on-call or emergency callback.