Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Utility Operator- HallowellAbout OricaOrica is a great place to work. We have strong values and do not rest on past successes. We always strive to do better. We value our people and have a proud tradition of leadership, innovation, quality and safety. Orica is a truly global company with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people that originate from more than 130 nationalities.Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems, delivering innovative solutions to the open cut and underground mining, quarry, civil construction, tunnelling and oil and gas markets. "What we do" addition for Ground Support jobsIn addition, Orica is the world's leading provider of products, services and solutions for overcoming the challenges of controlling roof and strata in underground environments. Our main markets are
The role This role exists to ensure production occurs in a safe and timely manner. The Utility Operator acts as an added part of the Quality Control team manually identifying potential hazards and errors in products before they are transported to customers.
- Mining - Coal & Hardrock
- Tunnelling and civil
- Perform packaging of explosives by placing chub or shot bag products into totes and various sizes of boxes.
- Located in the Columbus, KS area
- Knowledge of where product should be stored in the plant, inventory tracking and awareness of potential hazards in various work areas
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
Experience & Qualifications Required
What We Offer To ensure that we attract and retain the best people we offer:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalency
- Minimum 6 months previous work experience with preference for manufacturing or operations type roles
- Be able to lift, push and pull up 50 pounds or greater
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to quickly determine potential issues and problem solve accordingly
How to ApplyTo apply, click on the link below, or for a confidential discussion call Elizabeth Goree at 832-804-7946To view more Orica vacancies, we invite you to visit the Orica careers page.EEO Commitment Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!