Under general supervision, performs the day to day duties associated with the repair and upgrade of water distribution and wastewater collection systems, customer service issues, and housekeeping at water and wastewater facilities, which includes maintenance and painting as needed. Has a working knowledge of required procedures, equipment and operating standards and is able to resolve routine problems. Uses hand tools and some power tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Performs semi skilled installation, maintenance and repair of valves, meters, gauges, pumps, and associated equipment used in water distribution systems or wastewater collection systems.
2. Operation and routine maintenance of equipment and vehicles; i.e. trucks, digging, trenching equipment, and other equipment as required.
3. Loading and unloading various equipment, chemicals and supplies at worksites and store areas.
4. Performs ground keeping and custodial work as required.
5. Reads meters as required.
6. Performs other duties or special projects as requested related to the area of responsibility.
7. Must be available to work overtime and “on call” duty as scheduled.
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License
• CDL within 60 days of hire
• C Distribution or Collections I
A minimum of 2 years experience at a utility or related industry which provided mechanical experience or training.
Aqua America, Inc. - 9 months ago