Job Description:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:|
Perform repairs on basic model engines and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform a complete repair job within applicable
standard repair time allowance.
2. Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
3. Troubleshoot and diagnose most common complaints.
Explain engine maintenance and operation to new
customers and equipment owners.
4. Successfully complete all required courses from
Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, LLC.
Continually improve upon technical ability by home study
courses, service and parts topics, and other schools
offered by the Company.
5. Identify warranty issues on base engines.
6. Complete understanding of technician's responsibility
while working on a job subject to warranty.
7. Continue job progression to Journey level within 48
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Must have valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license
and an acceptable driving record.
3. Must possess superior theoretical and practical
knowledge for the repair of all equipment.
4. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair any complaint
with minimal supervision.
5. Possess knowledge of warranty policies.
6. Process complete knowledge and be able to repair all
tools and equipment in shop. Must be able to design and
fabricate special tools or jigs where special tools are
7. Possess complete knowledge of branch and Company
operations and policies.
8. Must maintain a basic set of personal hand tools to
perform any repair with exception of specialized tooling
provided by branch.
9. Willingness to guide others in adherence to company
10.Must have an internal drive for customer service and
provide an elevated level of service for internal and
11.Must comply with safety rules and regulations and
apply them to daily work routines for personal safety
and the safety of others.
Req. Code : 610
Division/Department : Houston Operations
# of Openings : 1
Cummins Southern Plains - 18 months ago