Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. Bombardier ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance.
We are looking for a Utility Worker for our Baltimore, Maryland facility.
In your role as a Utility Worker, you will:
Service and clean locomotives, transport supplies between work and storage sites, and perform a variety of support and clean-up activities in locomotive and car repair areas.
Please note that Bombardier is required to offer priority of employment to current employees assigned to the MARC Camden and Brunswick Lines. We recognize, however, that not all such employees may accept our offer to join Bombardier and that other vacancies may arise. To address these contingencies, and given the amount of time it takes to complete the recruitment process and the tight training deadlines that BTS must meet in order to successfully complete the transfer of services as scheduled, it is necessary for BTS to begin active outside recruiting now for all positions. You may be contacted, have a phone screen or interview but offers will not be made until our hiring obligations to the MARC staff have been satisfied.
All terms and conditions are subject to negotiation with the applicable union.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
· Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
· Operate heavy duty equipment, licensed and unlicensed vehicles and work around all types of moving equipment
· May be called upon to perform tasks associated with work assignments such as cleaning, sweeping, forklift operation, handling material and fueling locomotives
· Clean interior/exterior of locomotives, equipment and mechanical parts
· Supply locomotive with necessary materials
· Complete routine reports and make entries into log and inventory records
· Clean empty cars
· Check fuel or water sight glass/gauge to determine fluid levels on tools, machines or equipment (hydraulic, lubricating, fuel, cooling, etc.) and perform preventive maintenance on a variety of tools, equipment or machinery
· May be required to operate locomotives
Training will be provided in Baltimore, Maryland upon hire.
· High School diploma/GED
· 18 years of age or older
· Valid Driver's License
· Electrician, pipefitting, sheet metal fabrication, welding, or diesel mechanic experience
· Forklift experience
· Experience reading and interpreting blueprints
· Experience in interpreting circuit schematics
· Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications--both general and technical)
· Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
· Reasoning skills (problem solving and trouble shooting skills)
· Mechanical aptitude
· Heavy work, lifting up to 70 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds on a rare basis
· Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis
· Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity/tracking/inspection
· Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
· Wear protective equipment such as hard hat, hearing protection, safety-toe boots, or safety glasses
· Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
· Complete annual training and pass safety rules examinations
· May require random testing for drugs and/or alcohol
· Must pass all required assessments
· May require a post-offer medical examination, including drug and physical capabilities test
· This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement, membership is required
· Active employees must complete one year in current position or craft before applying for positions
Work outside in all weather conditions, in confined spaces, and on occasion at elevated heights.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Primary Location: US-MD-Baltimore
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 23.05.2013, 10:52:20 AM
Bombardier - 18 months ago
At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll...