- must be able to meet physical demands of position
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks involved in maintaining the sanitation of the Food and Nutrition Services Department. These tasks include but are not limited to washing pots and pans and general cleaning and dishwashing. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Report to work on time and in a clean, pressed uniform & safety shoes.
- Follows established procedures for manually washing pots and pans as assigned.
- Follows established procedures for operating dishwasher, temperature recording, tray break down, catching clean dishes, silverware washing/sanitizing, and utensil and equipment cleaning and storage.
- Follows established procedures for trash removal, floor care cleaning of floor drains, and general cleaning assignments.
- Maintains good infection control practices.
- Maintains safe work practices and work environment.
- Review & complete Mary Washington Healthcare and Sodexo monthly/yearly Mandatory Education.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and perform routine tasks.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (40 pounds).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Mary Washington Healthcare - 2 years ago