Virginia Natural Gas is currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Utility Worker. This is a bargaining unit position (IBEW Local 50). The position is based in our Virginia Natural Gas Operations center located in Chesapeake ,Virginia.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of a crew engaged in installing and repairing gas mains and service lines. Participates in making taps on mains and services
- Provides assistance with all distribution activities involved with the installation, repair and maintenance of the distribution system
- Completes jobs by digging, shoring, repairing leaks, testing, and wrapping pipe
Performs work with hand tools, air tools, shovels, etc. during distribution activities while adhering to all safety and work rules
Assists other crew members in all activities as required
Ensures that truck is stocked with equipment and supplies and maintains distribution vehicles, tools and other equipment in neat and orderly condition
- Must live in the service area and be subject to call out for emergency service.
Stand By duty and emergency call out
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Job is entry level and requires no previous experience
- Must pass the DOT drug test
- Operator Qualified in accordance with Company Plan
- Must have a valid VA state drivers license
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to stoop, bend, crawl, walk, climb ladders and lift weights in excess of 100 pounds
- Must also have a keen sense of smell, hearing, vision and color identification
- Must have the ability to work in all types of terrain and weather conditions, as required.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
AGL Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
- 23 months ago - save job
AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million customers...