Utility Account Manager
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and gross profit objectives.
- Regularly calls on assigned accounts. Actively seeks to develop new accounts within sales planning guidelines and assigned geographic territory. Secures orders and generates sales of products and services.
- Ensures quality customer support through expediting, pricing, follow-up, returns and other services.
- May develop quotations for customers within the company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Provides customers timely follow-up on technical inquiries and requests.
- Responsible for inputting Total Customer Cost Management (TCCM) cost savings documentation that is relevant to the assigned customer base.
- Directs the use of marketing tools, technical specialists and company services, supporting a broad spectrum of products to facilitate a coordinated sales strategy for each assigned customer.
- Actively manages and directs company sales and support resources to maximize the sales and profit potential, supporting all products, markets and specialist team opportunities for Border States.
- Participates in and advises sales management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies. Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provides input to other sales and marketing staff on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, customer service and support, competition, procedures, and market and customer potential.
- Provides strategic input to the Pricing and Purchasing departments on competitive issues related to price and margin strategy, product evaluations, electrical code requirements, inventory requirements, and other related sales, marketing and service functions.
- Leads and attends sales and product meetings and technical training programs. Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs.
- Coordinates with Customer Financial Services (CFS) staff to resolve customer billing problems resulting from errors in pricing, shipping, delivery or other credit areas. Advises CFS staff on changes in customer credit worthiness.
- Obtains orders and provides proactive customer service sales and service functions including order entry, expediting and pricing, and follows up on customer inquiries as required.
- May develop quotations and request bid or performance bonds for customers within company profit objectives and guidelines.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To apply, fill out our application form.
- Minimum of a four-year business, sales, marketing or trade degree preferred, or the equivalent in related work experiences.
- Technical competence in understanding electrical systems with a minimum of four years of prior customer service, marketing, and quotation or sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of four years of prior electrical distribution and quotations experience preferred with comprehensive knowledge of Border States' product lines and applications, alternate product substitutes, and supplier pricing policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize. Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, email and SAP enterprise resource planning software.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...