The Utility Worker’s responsibility is to maintain kitchen equipment organization and sanitation. In addition the role of the utility worker is to support the overall operations of production by ensuring that the following areas are clean, organized and stored. The utility worker is responsible for the continued use of chemicals and cleaning equipment which also involves maintaining inventory and ensuring that needed supplies are ordered through shift Supervisor & the DKO. This position will check the completion of opening and closing checklist day to day to ensure preventative maintenance and cleaning procedures are followed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete cleaning tasks on the opening checklist daily.
- Keep the following clean throughout the day: bathrooms, lunchrooms, dry storage room, refrigerators, freezers, shelving, floors, walls and general office maintenance.
- Large equipment, hood vents, food transport equipment , flatbeds, speed rack freezer doors and floors.
- Daily cleaning of all kitchen shelving and kitchen racks.
- Daily cleaning of microwave and weekly cleaning of staff refrigerator.
- Throughout the day, remove all trash generated by food production.
- Circulate through offices and empty trash from offices.
- Take recyclable materials to the recycle bins.
Organization & Inventory:
- Taking direction from the shift supervisor in organizing freezers, refrigerators, and stock room, rotating stock and discarding of food.
- Assist with bi-monthly inventory recording.
Loading and Unloading Trucks:
- Assist drivers in loading and unloading and storing large food donations.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possession of food handler's certification.
- Individual must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Positive attitude in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment.
- Ability to work as a team player and train students and volunteers.
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible.
- General knowledge of commercial grade kitchen equipment use, safety, and maintenance.
- Culinary Graduate preferred
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Ability to lift (50)lbs., walking standing, bending for long periods. Moderate physical activity required.
- Ability to work in an environment where exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, fumes, dirt, smoke, loud noise, and variety of odors is common.
- Comfortable with strenuous activity.
- Demonstrate past success and career advancement.
- Desiree to be part of a large non-profit whose mission is to "Combat hunger and create opportunity".
- High school diploma
***** Please upload cover letter and resume together*******
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 19 months ago