Utility Market Manager
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Fargo, North Dakota. Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the U.S. Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is employee-owned, which means you are empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
We're seeking a creative and enthusiastic market manager to provide focused leadership and direction for our utility market, which includes electric, telco and natural gas segments. The successful candidate will thrive on challenge, and develop effective market strategies and strategic vendor alignments that will increase sales and grow profits.
- Drives vendor program and cost improvements through sourcing and aggregation best practices.
- Researches new market opportunities and communicates strategy with sales and management teams, and participates in vendor product and market strategies and plans.
- Drives improved vendor performance metrics, and develops effective best practices and strategies.
- Manages key vendor relationships, negotiates vendor terms and conditions, purchase costs and marketing program goals with assigned vendors.
- Leads the effort of gathering and analyzing market information and feedback on required costs and sells.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing Communications teams to develop marketing tools, sales tools and joint planning activities.
- Develops and executes training initiatives.
- Travels to branch locations, develops relationships with industrial vendor regional management and representatives, and attends industry association and market-focused meetings.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. If you want to excel in a rapidly changing environment, send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Ashley Shearer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Four-year engineering, sales, marketing, technical or business degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience with minimum of four years of prior sales or marketing experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electrical, utility, industrial or communication products and systems preferred.
- Knowledge of the SAP materials management system and its reporting capabilities preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, analytical, and customer service skills with the ability to effectively plan, organize and negotiate preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States Electric - 10 months ago
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...