- Research existing batch programs for Distribution Systems that are executed thru the Cybermation job scheduling tool
- Develop build scripts to deploy programs, ensuring code is maintainable, supportable and performs upon implementation and which meets design specifications.
- Test each program to ensure compatibility with Windows Server 2008 documenting all defects found in Quality Center.
- Remediate software applications to resolve identified defects, ensuring code is maintainable, supportable and performs upon implementation and which meets design specifications.
- Analyze and resolve environmental execution errors.
- Manage own task estimates, accurately and consistently utilizes time accounting tools to report actual hours and task status.
- Communicate variances and/or obstacles in estimates or delivery dates to management in a timely manner.
- Prepare all required documentation following approved Life Cycle standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least five years applications development experience
- Experience with industry best practices and standards of testing practices preferred
Server: Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008
Database: DB2; Oracle; SQL Server
Specific Job Knowledge
- In-depth working knowledge of Analysis & Design, unit test framework, approaches and techniques.
- In-depth working knowledge of data model and file structures and requirements gathering
- Ability to identify and understand business problems and opportunities
- Thorough understanding of Analysis & Design principles, techniques and languages
- Practical working knowledge of Test Environment and Configuration Processes
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and strong verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical terms
- Strong analytical skills, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork, open communication, and corporate culture
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines