Branch: Villages of Carver Family YMCA
Supervisor: Membership Director
Under the direction of the Nursery Supervisor, the Nursery Attendant will care for the needs of young children between the ages of three months and 12 years.
1. A working knowledge of computers (MS Word, MS Excel, SPIRIT helpful).
2. Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve, and possess effective time management skills.
3. Must pass the State of Georgia criminal background check.
4. Willingness and ability to interact warmly with infants and toddlers
5. Willingness and ability to care for the hygiene needs of infants and toddlers
6. Must be sixteen years of age or older
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES - Leader:
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness : Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth : Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED, Blood-borne Pathogens, branch orientation, and Branch Emergency procedures.
2. Take steps to building committed and connected relationships with members, volunteers, and collaborative partners.
3. Maintains privacy requirements by not sharing personal information about members including, but not limited to, phone numbers, addresses, program participation, financial information, or personal situations.
4. Adhere to, and implement, all policies and procedures listed in the training manual.
5. Communicate in a positive manner with members, guests, program participants and volunteers. Provide appropriate assistance as needed.
6. Assist in annual branch Partner With Youth Campaign. Achieve individual and team goals as related to the campaign.
7. Attend all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
8. Consistent display of the core values of honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility when dealing with members, volunteers, and staff.
9. Stay educated and updated on current issues regarding all YMCA programs and events.
10. Maintain safe environment at all times.
11. Change soiled diapers/clothing in timely manner.
12. Interact with children in age appropriate activities.
13. Clean and sanitize toys on regularly scheduled basis.
14. Maintain accurate records for child check-in and check-out.
15. Abide by Metro Atlanta YMCA’s Keeping Kids Safe Policies as listed in Metro Atlanta YMCA Employee Handbook.
16. Communicate clearly with parents regarding child injuries, behavior problems or health concerns (green congested runny nose, fever…etc.).
17. Complete accident/incident reports related to injuries or behavior problems and health concerns.
18. Report all equipment and maintenance needs to supervisor or department head immediately.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Bending, stooping, standing, sitting, lifting up to twenty-five pounds, seeing, hearing, keyboard input, ability to change diapers.
Effect on End Result:
This position has a direct impact on the continued effectiveness of the YMCA in the community as well as on its membership. This effectiveness can be measured by:
1. The perceived quality of programs and services by the members and the community based on verbal feedback.
2. Branches monthly retention goals achieved.
3. Excellent attendance.
4. Parents and children are satisfied with quality of care provided by YMCA Childcare staff.
5. The YMCA baby-sitting service is viewed by parents as a positive experience in the lives of their children.
Hours: Part-time, non-exempt
Salary: $7.50 -$9.30 per hour
Apply online: press “Apply for this Position” or “Add to My Jobs” button below
Contact Phone: No Phone Calls Please
Close Date: January 11, 2013