Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB BAND: Individual Contributor
Reports To: VDC Technical Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Amount of Travel Required: 50%
Work Schedule: This position works between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required.
This position is responsible for the creation and modification of electrical Building Information Models to be used to coordinate and install electrical equipment.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with a covered disability to perform the essential functions of the position as long as an undue hardship is not imposed.
- Identifying items to be modeled per the BIM Execution Plan
- Creation of electrical and specialty systems BIM drawings using Revit MEP and/or AutoCAD MEP.
- Create and modify Revit families of electrical content
- Assists in establishing and utilizing a systematic approach to coordinating BIM projects to ensure project success.
- Interpret and provide coordination analysis with Navisworks and/or Tekla BIMSight.
- Work with construction team (PM, detailer, estimator and site lead) and project team (GC and other trades)
- Manages the work flow on projects assigned by the VDC Manager.
- Participates in the planning and project meeting to ensure important information is transferred to successfully execute construction.
- Participates in internal project planning/kick-off meetings to assist the project team in:
- Areas and/or systems that can be laid out as to improve efficiency during field installations; and
- Installation techniques and methods that will achieve greater efficiencies during field installations.
-Creates the required detailed drawings that are necessary for Prefabrication to work off.
- Works with Project Manager, Superintendent, and Prefab to determine areas, systems, or assemblies that can be prefabricated to improve efficiency during field installations.
- Creates accurate estimate of VDC/BIM work with oversight of VDC Manager.
- Collaborates with the detailers, and Project Managers and field staff to remain current on building techniques and trends.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate/conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Healthy, Sustainable Work - Commitment to fostering a healthy, safe workplace in which team members can deliver quality services that best utilize the resources (people, property, and financial assets) of the company and minimize the impact on the environment.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy..
- Systems Analysis - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Well Workplace - Ability to identify and act on opportunities that improve the informational, behavioral, and physical components of work which positively impact individual and team member health, wellness, and safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A high school diploma or GED and five years related trade experience; or
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by management.
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be able to work in a team environment and effectively collaborate verbally and in writing
- Must be reliable and possess a positive work ethic and have a high degree of integrity.
- Knowledge of electrical construction and installation practices.
- Proficiency of Revit 2012 or later
- Proficiency of AutoCAD MEP 2012 or later
- Knowledge of Navisworks Mange and/or Tekla BIMSight for clash detection
- Knowledge of the electrical construction trade is preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) is preferred.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
OTHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Boots, Gloves, and Harness).
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels from high-speed computer printers and other peripherals. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for two to four hours daily. Frequent travel to various worksites may also be required, depending on assignment.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Faith Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage the hiring and promotion of women and minorities.
Faith Technologies, Inc. - 18 months ago
Faith Technologies, Inc., one of the Midwest's Top 20 electrical and technical services contractor, has 15 locations in five states:...