Division: Production & Supply
Function: Vegetables, DFC, Cereals Production
State/Province: Idaho [ID]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: VDFCC Product Quality Master Data Expert
Job ID: 3925
The purpose of the role is to ensure quality and integrity of master data in all business supporting IS systems and applications for the quality assurance function of VDFCC. To accomplish this it will be critical to provide expert business input to SBS MDM structures regarding designated crops Quality master data, act as a “gate keeper” for VDFCC business regarding all regional quality related master data for the designated crops and be the focal point for any contact between VDFCC professionals, VDFCC SKU material originator, and PPT Crop Quality Expert
- Take personal commitment and accountability to support our HSE goal zero initiative
- Ensure homogeneity, standardisation and consistency across regions for designated crops
- Interface with Business Process Analysts on prioritizing and designing IS enhancements
- Leads the execution of quality governance as set by the Crop Quality Expert (functional reporting)
- Oversight of quality master data elements for designated crops in scope including: Inspection plans, inspection method characteristics, MIC’s, inspection plan classifications, quality certificates, forwarding rules, and SAP Console
- Coordinates all quality data linked to batch releases related to organizational structures in the operational areas: plants, storage locations, warehouses, work centres, labs, logistics and production related groups
- Support all projects with Product Quality MD related expert knowledge input
- Document and maintain VDFCC quality master data and batch release process information
- Ensure timely upload and maintenance of Quality Master Data related information in SAP/ Foundation.
- Contribute to periodic data cleansing activities
- Provide technical support to programming projects with QMMD redesigns and enhancements
- Maintain interface with QMMD and label programs for Quality Samples
- Trouble-shoot system issues and communicate with Crop Quality Expert PPT, SBS and business stakeholders about all master data in scope.
- Function as a SAP key user
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Experience or good knowledge in Quality control, planning & logistics, sales and marketing processes
- Knowledge of Planning Cycles, Production and Processing and Sales
- Experience in an international work environment; Ability to deal with various and diverse cultures and work habits.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in a logistic or quality admin related function, (preferably in a seed company).
- Experience with ERP system.
- SAP and Microsoft office skill
- Computer programming skills such as; VBA or VB, Macro Creation, access experience in creating queries and reports.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Inspiring team member with good communicative skills.
- Analytical skills well developed.
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Customer Focused
- Quality conscious and service minded
- Able to cope with pressure and conflicting demands
- Good organizational skills
- Problem solving ability and decision making
Additional behaviours critical for this role:
- Ability to deal with multicultural differences
- Ability to deal with internal customers
- Ability to deal with complex business activities
- Ability to influence people
- Set direction
Organize the SC information flow and network with business partners
Align action to the business strategy and stay focused on goal achievements
- Create edge
Support disclosure and transparency
- Drive results
Making customer and their needs primary focus of one’s actions, developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
Identify issues, problems and opportunities
- Liberate potential
Support team process improvement and engage all team members. Collaborate effectively across organizational and functional boundaries
Evaluate multiple solutions and think expansively
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- High level of customer oriented mind set
- Close cooperation with Crop Quality Expert, VDFCC SKU originators, Business Process Analysts, QC organisation and marketing structures
- Pro-active in the changes and maintenance of QMMD
- Part of a professional contributor network to get requested business specific input
- Other responsibilities as required
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Up to 10% travel may be required
Syngenta - 16 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...