University of California Office of the President
University of California, Office of the President
Salary: $66,900 - $143,100
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20120625
Closing Date: 12/12/2012
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Desktop Engineering, the VDI Engineer is a contributor and technical team member of the Desktop Engineering functional unit responsible for delivering a virtual computing environment and supporting the daily operations of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure comprised of Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp and approximately 1000 virtual desktops. The incumbent provides expertise in configuring, implementing, supporting and administering activities related to virtual desktops and application delivery.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least five to seven (5-7) years of increasingly responsible experience providing IT support in a centralized environment.
- Experience must include at least three (3) years experience participating in Citrix virtualization technologies.
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) or other industry accepted equivalent.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or other industry -accepted equivalent.
- Must have strong Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, network design/implementation, troubleshooting, application packaging and integration, and performance tuning skills.
- Must understand and have a working knowledge of Active Directory, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of desktop management concepts such as local profiles, roaming profiles, email profiles and software distribution.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience centrally managing zero/thin-client endpoint devices
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of and experience administering operating system and server software including but not limited to: Windows Operating systems (Windows XP and 7), Windows Server 2003 and 2008, MS SCCM Server, Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp Server, VMware ESX v4 and ESXi v5, and Microsoft Office applications (Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to identify key issues critical to the success of a desired product/outcome; the ability to quickly research and collect pertinent information, to integrate essential information, and use that information to define and test options and alternatives; and the ability to develop recommendations and justification for the most productive course of action.
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit the University of California Office of the President’s Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu
University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of California UCOP - 22 months ago