*APOLLO GDS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*
Responsible for providing group travel services for the client’s VIP employees and customers, handling any deviation travel requests, utilizing automation, focusing on client's policies and selecting suppliers where applicable. (This is inclusive of air, hotels, auto rentals, and event tickets). Also responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service to program participants and client.
Shifts will vary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Interfaces with clients VIP employees and customers to build solid business relationships with them.
- Books reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, following up when necessary to complete the reservation.
- Responds to requests for price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries.
- Selects suppliers for group travel in accordance with program’s travel, budget, preferred supplier, and discounting objectives, where applicable.
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client’s travel program policies and negotiated contracts. Applies discount programs appropriately. Reports violations or attempted violations to management.
- Moves market share for BCD Travel preferred suppliers.
- Provides concierge services relating to event tickets and attendance, including but not limited to locating and securing tickets (at a discounted price, where possible) and assisting with directions to the event or planning group transportation.
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Monitors queues and provide quality control procedures to ensure that all records reflect the best rates and that passports, visas and upgrades have been addressed.
- Maintains client profiles, including information on family members where applicable, ensuring specials requests and reward program information such as frequent flyer / driver / hotel stay are included. Enrolls VIP and family members into industry benefit programs.
- Researches customized information for VIP travelers by using industry, internet and other resources
- May build airline reservation system profiles for use with a specific group of travelers.
- May arrange “meet and greet” services at airports, as desired by clients.
- Assists travelers with acquiring passport, passport renewals, and visa requirements
- Delivers travel documents to VIP’s homes or offices as required
- Maintains strict confidentiality of executives travel information
- Performs daily and weekly reconciliation of sales generated at client location
- Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to telephone, quality, and productivity.
- Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- May perform daily and weekly reconciliation of sales generated.
- Ensures optimum customer service through effective use of phone systems and positive communications techniques.
- Acts as a resource for co-workers for information, problem solving, and reducing errors.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Professional telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Capability of maintaining a favorable company image when interfacing with outside sources.
- Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
- Proven pursuit of learning and self-development.
- Ability to manage responsibilities in a manner to result in lower costs and better efficiencies for the company.
- Ability to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity.
- Competency to maintain positive client and co-worker relationships—Establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
- Capability of working in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback, assisting in special projects, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Organizational skills that result in high productivity.
- Minimum error rate
- Minimum of five (5) years of travel agency experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry, fares and markets.
- Proficiency with Apollo GDS.
- Knowledge of ticketing procedures for domestic and /or international airline, hotel and car rentals.
- Knowledge of Internet search processes
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and email software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Previous VIP experience preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
When business travelers need to get somewhere PDQ, they call BCD Travel. The company is a leading provider of corporate travel services,...