IMCOM will synchronize, integrate, and deliver installation services and sustain facilities in support of Senior Commanders in order to enable a ready and resilient Army.
Under the general supervision, serves as a graphics design specialist for a wide-range of productions related to the mission of the command.
This is a re-announcement of Vacancy Announcement NENANF13876875CF13-049. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Prepares illustrations, diagrams, charts, and slides for use in presentations, web-based information, pamphlets, and other communication media suitable for marketing and publicity. Edits and develops a wide variety of complex print and media productions involving sound effects, music, narration, dialog, and visual images to support long and short range promotional strategies. Creates or modifies computer images and graphics from concept. Reviews requests for support and determines layout. Recommends format and manner of presentation. Identifies, develops, and supports new trends in visual media technology, involving DVD, animation, web applications, graphic design tools, streaming media and digital video.
Assists in identifying and acquiring all required resources. Works with clients and other staff to complete projects within resource limitations. Prepares estimate of funding requirements, writes specifications, and monitors contractor's performance throughout the entire process.
Other related duties as assigned.
Progressive work experience in graphics design or education directly related to the duties described above. Must have knowledge of audiovisual techniques, theories, and practices. Must have knowledge of and ability to produce an audiovisual production; and direct an audiovisual production. Must be able to communicate orally and in writing and be skilled in interpersonal relations. Preferred are those candidates who possess a four-year degree in graphics design with significant course study in web design and related work experience. Highly Desirable: Knowledge and work experience working within Morale, Welfare and Recreation or a equivalent program area in another branch of the service preferred. Marketing and advertising design work experience using graphic design software-design and Photoshop Illustrator highly preferred. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to submit a creative portfolio for artistic evaluation.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF and current DOD APF employees serving in a continuous APF position without time limits for at least one year.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Duties require the employee to have the ability to discern colors, contrast, and depth and have hearing perception within the normal range (aided or unaided).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Highly Desirable, Web Designing Experience, and Customer Service Skills.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are negotiable.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...