The Visual Merchandiser provides the execution of visual merchandising concepts to each FLOR Store. With direction from the FLOR corporate offices, this position is responsible for supporting the implementation of the visual merchandising directives and standards to achieve the company’s goals pertaining to brand image, product presentation, and product sell through.
- Bring the FLOR story to life; create a retail environment that is innovative, unique, inspired, customer friendly, and reflective of the local community and in alignment with business objectives;
- Make the FLOR Store “the” destination for consumers seeking to recreate their home environment through the use of FLOR products throughout the assigned region.
- Train and motivate store teams to ensure that all consumers experience service that is consistent with the FLOR brand promise and FLOR and Interface Americas’ standards, as told through the visual merchandising elements executed in the Store.
- Reactive Merchandising: weekly and monthly, remerchandise product to maximize sales and react to market trends, product trends, and inventory levels; utilize weekly merchandising reports to highlight top 20 products. This includes point of purchase displays and other select focus areas throughout the store.
- Monthly Focus: remove and install window displays and push displays based on the timeline approved by the Marketing and Stores group;
- Sale Events: collaborate with the marketing and Store teamsto efficiently execute sale set up and maintain visual standards during off price events.
- Work with the Marketing and Store teams to develop and install environmental displays and customer communication to meet our visual standards.
- Provide timely and complete follow-through on all areas of merchandising directed to you by the Marketing and Store teams.
- Communicate all merchandising information, questions, and needs to the Regional Visual Merchandiser, Store Manager, and Assistant Manager. Work with them to determine specific needs, such as fixtures, image photos and point of sale materials.
- Communicate to national Store staff network on a daily basis regarding visual standards. Act as the store “liaison” for merchandising questions when the Regional Visual Merchandiser is out of the store.
- Execute and participate in seasonal store flips.
- Constantly review and communicate best-in-class merchandising concepts and tactics from both industry and non-industry retailers from around the world.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Frequent (80%) travel required.
- Occasional purchasing of merchandising supplies required; cost will be Company paid based upon prior approval of Store Manager and/or Regional Visual Merchandiser.
- Must be able to safely and regularly lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be comfortable climbing ladders.
- Continually able to kneel down to floor level.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Stores are open 7 days per week. Number of scheduled hours per week varies.
- Total number of scheduled work hours per week is determined by position status and needs of the business.
- Merchandising days will be scheduled with the collaboration of the Store and Marketing teams and may vary per store but should be scheduled for national travel in a manner that is most cost and time efficient.
- When not scheduled for visual merchandising, all other hours within weekly schedule will be aligned with other creative and merchandising needs of the business.
- Minimum three (3) years’ previous retail store visual merchandising experience requiring execution of merchandising plans and demonstrated ability to design and construct creative displays.
- Demonstrated understanding of effective retail product presentation.
- Ability to delegate and communicate tasks.
- Extreme attention to detail, conscientious worker.
- Working knowledge of computers with experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated flexibility on the job; ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of 5 years previous retail management experience.
Four-year college degree
Previous experience in retail sales, home products preferred
Interface has been the trusted world leader in force measurement for half a century. We lead by designing, manufacturing, and guaranteeing...