The Vice President of GI Sales is responsible for driving and directing the sales function of GI services across the nation. This position is also responsible for developing and executing regional sales strategy while building and managing a team to meet and exceed regional revenue goals. This position provides and coordinates all aspects of the direct sales and client relations support functions to clients in assigned region. This position requires overnight travel approximately 60% of the time and occasional weekend travel may be required.
1. Meet or exceed company’s direct sales revenue targets.
2. Develop national sales strategy to deliver against direct sales revenue objectives.
3. Establish senior level relationships within key accounts.
4. Successfully build and manage a sales team and coordinate with HR on staffing needs.
5. Management of the GI Sales Management team
6. Provide regular visibility for management and staff on industry trends, best practices, and competitive insights.
7. Build and foster strong cross-functional internal relationships to facilitate efficient processes for product development, pipeline management, compensation plans, sales reporting, and revenue forecasting.
8. Maintain accurate and timely communication with Senior Vice President of Sales regarding all relevant regional information regarding revenue and advertiser relationships.
9. Work with VP of Strategic Development to coordinate 6, 12, 24 and 60 month sales strategies.
10. Sell GI services and technology to physicians.
11. Provides business solutions to physicians in the ambulatory surgery center and endoscopy marketplaces.
12. Analyze business opportunities and develop strategic sales plans for assigned territory.
13. Utilize understanding of and experience discussing the healthcare payer environment and its impact on physicians and ancillary providers.
14. Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
15. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with key personnel in assigned accounts as related to support ongoing issues (i.e., installations, upgrades, persistent problems).
16. Manage all necessary paperwork, including travel itineraries, trip reports, activity reports, monthly reports, Lighthouse report, expense, and service reports, including direct report Sales Directors, as required, accurately and in a timely manner.
17. Demonstrates "Core" level knowledge of anatomical pathology, technology solutions and competitive strategies through the use of company resources, on the job training, in house literature, marketing material, and sales brochures.
18. Meet all assigned targets and goals set by management.
19. Provide meeting and trade show support as required.
20. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
a. Up to 60% travel and the ability to work flexible hours when required.
b. Possess high degree of understanding the client relationship with Physicians, their needs, and how we can provide service and technology solutions for their pathology needs.
c. Collaborative and engaging approach to working with internal and external partners.
d. Demonstrated decision making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to coworkers and customers.
e. General understanding of business acumen and practices.
f. Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of proprietary software programs.
g. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
h. Demonstrated ability to positively receive and respond to feedback for improvement and development.
i. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-past, deadline driven environment.
j. Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
k. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
l. Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
m. Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
a. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required.
b. MBA or MHA preferred.
c. Previous experience of eight plus years of successful sales experience (both product and service) in broad leadership posts.
d. 5-7 years of regional/national sales management experience (diagnostic/pathology experience preferred).
a. Will work at a computer some of the time as well as need to keep inventory and ordering records requiring the use of copiers, fax machines, and PDF scanners.
b. Visual acuity and analytical skill to distinguish fine detail.
c. Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
d. Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
e. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
a. Willingness to work shift work and overtime is required.
b. Travel Required (Highlight One): Rarely Occasionally Frequently
c. Weekends/Evenings/Holidays (Highlight One): No Yes, please explain
At times may be required to work weekends/holidays.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Miraca Life Sciences specializes in the development and commercialization of the highest quality anatomic pathology services, primarily in...