Works in the vendor management organization and is responsible for maintaining and building strong oversight of existing and new IT outsourcing engagements and relationships. Works with the IT, sourcing and consulting teams to govern delivery of IT services and ensure that NBCU standards for outsourced service delivery are maintained in all engagements. Strategic Vendor Managers are professionals with world-class supplier management skills . You will ensure that expected value is achieved from key supplier relationships, functioning as the front line to both NBCU and the Supplier. You will also drive the provider to deliver the best value to NBCU while meeting service level agreements in areas such as maintenance and support.
- Identify and prioritizes key supplier relationships
- Manage providers to deliver highest caliber of service, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Drive vendors to create efficiencies and process improvements.
- Manage vendor escalations
- Execute on the VMO governance process
- Develop metrics to manage provider performance and productivity.
- Coordinate new services, projects, and system implementations.
- Collaborates with IT teams to ensure vendor partners are effectively managed and contracts are fully leveraged
- Provides oversight for evaluation, selection, transition and monitoring of contractual agreements for IT vendors
- Assists in resolving operational issues and escalations
- Plans and conducts formal periodic performance reviews with each vendor and IT team
- Drives ongoing process improvement to deliver increasing operational efficiency in all IT and vendor related processes
-BS/BA or equivalent experience in business or related field, MBA is preferred.
-Demonstrated ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across a complex organization.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms.
- Excellent analytical skills and very detail oriented.
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience
- Strong analytical skills with innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Proven ability to work with an IT organization that utilizes a matrix structure.
- Requires the ability to operate across functions
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and maintain multiple delivery threads
- Ability to interface effectively between business and IT teams.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with IT teams and stakeholders. Leverage those partnerships to drive effective vendor engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must with emphasis on special attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as part of a dynamic IT team.
- Proven ability to work under aggressive deadlines
- Ability to think strategically, not just tactically
- Ability to estimate project effort and maintain project budgets
- Strong organization and influencing skills
- Experience with vendor management function
- Experience with outsourcing providers and knowledge of outsourcing models.
- Experience with excel and preparing presentations for senior leadership
NBC Universal - 8 months ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...