Due to our continued success, we are seeking to add a VMWare Cloud Architect to our team with a focus on private and hybrid cloud adoption. Defining VMWare architecture for V-Sphere and VCloud director. Definition of services and applications for implementation. Configuration and validation of solutions. Meet with clients to collect, define, and develop Vshpere solutions for Cloud brokerage.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and difficult system design requirements and matters of significance requiring expert application of advanced knowledge.
- Plans, conducts and largely coordinates the most complex projects or major phases of significant projects; coordinates the efforts of engineers and support staff in the performance of assigned complex projects.
- Oversees the investigation, analysis and resolution of difficult and complicated program support matters of significance.
- Conducts investigations of highly complex systems. Develops, recommends and implements solution(s) ensuring effective and efficient operations.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of the most complex assigned projects. Identifies, recommends, and pursues technology/practices to apply to solution.
- Oversees development and implementation of the most complex processes and procedures to ensure the most complicated contractual products are in compliance with standard specifications.
- Oversees completion and implementation of system additions and/ or enhancements and recommends corrections in technical application and analysis to senior management.
- Provides the highest level of technical consultation to other organizations.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide the most complex required products and services; Recommends vendor and approach and presents to senior management/customer as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 4x-5x, vCloud Director,vCloud Automation Suite, VFabric Applications, VSphere Enterprise, NetApp Storage (Flexpod), BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management, (BMC BSA, BMC BBNA, Remedy etc), Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp.
- A plus to have any VCE (vBlock), Cisco Firewalls, F5 Big IP, and other strong datacenter experience.
- A plus to have Linux, Unix, Solaris and AIX
- 10-12 or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming, or naval architecture
- Experience working with software and hardware systems design principles
- Experience working with specific software and/or hardware systems with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with design and coding languages
- Experience working with design principles and applications
- Strong leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates and team members
- Strong communication skills to communicate with senior management and clients through all phases of a project
- Strong organization skills to prioritize, balance and lead several projects
- Ability to apply analytical and creative problem solving skills to solve the most complex system design problems
- Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts and use them to meet company objectives
- Ability to integrate the most complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to use professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward IT Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color,
For over 10 years, Windward has prospered under a corporate leadership team that is obsessed with delivering solutions that meet our...