Due to our continued success, we are seeking to add a VMWare Cloud Engineer to our team with a focus on private and hybrid cloud adoption. This individual will be responsible for configuration, validation, and testing of VCloud Director, automation and V-Sphere to deliver a cloud service brokerage in a VmWare solution.
- Deliver, administer, and support high-availability cloud infrastructure and third party product offerings.
- Serve as an escalation point within the Cloud Services Team for complex technical issues.
- Create and maintain system documentation, reports, processes, policies and procedures to contribute to overall Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- Participate in meetings with members of management to strategize ways to evolve and improve the Cloud Service Team and the services it offers.
- Consult and collaborate with functional and technical staff, as well as external entities, both on- and off-site, to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: Medium to large VMware vSphere environments, experience in the implementation and support of vCloud Director, Vcloud Automation, VFabric Applications Director, preferred, EMC and Dell storage systems, Cisco networking, designing and implementing back-up and disaster recovery solutions.
- Knowledge of services such as data center colocation, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), hosting infrastructure and platforms.
- Requires 3-5 years of related experience.
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate requirements into technology solutions and think "outside the box" for new and creative solutions.
- Adept at understanding and supporting 24x7 infrastructure and business critical applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates and team members
- Strong communication skills to communicate with senior management and clients through all phases of a project
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to apply analytical and creative problem solving skills to solve the most complex system design problems
- Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts and use them to meet company objectives
- Ability to integrate the most complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to use professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward IT Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color,
Windward IT Solutions - 13 months ago