U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must be able to pass gov't agency background check.
This position is pending contract award.
A key member of the team and solution for a full turnkey solution for the ITSM tools and technology support, the responsibility and requirement exists to provide administration, deployment, management and support of the overall telephony system.
- Experience providing telephony hardware and software administration and configuration
- Experience with problem diagnosis and resolution, and design and implementation changes to the private branch exchange (PBX) Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. The IVR system is a subset of Syntellect Call Interaction Manager (CIM).
- Plans, supports and evaluates complex existing network systems and make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Provide support when any ITSM system, CIM, Automated Notification Reporting (ANR), or PBX/telephony tool is unavailable.
- Provide support of telephony hardware/software: NEC NEAX 2400 IPX and NEC PBX operating system.
- Support phone software which includes NEC remote client software, used to administer the PBX functions, call data recorder (CDR), and voice mail application.
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering and architecture.
- Provides and develops technical standards and interface applications; identifies and evaluates new products; provide solutions for network problems.
- Interfaces with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs.
- Plans and incorporates how new network resources and applications will exist on the network.
- Provide monthly metrics for network availability and bandwidth usage as well as other metrics as requested.
- Responsible for network capacity planning.
- Use network management tools to discover, map and maintain the network.
- Responsible for conducting research of new technologies and implementation strategies.
- Responsible for documenting procedures and keeping network diagrams and related material up to date.
- Handle escalated user problems, questions, and request on network issues.
- Work with other groups within IS to resolve network related issues as needed.
- 5+ years experience with Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and direct interfacing with common carriers.
- Must have strong background in networking – campus, LAN, WAN.
- Must have experience with Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) trunking, implementation and maintenance.
- 5+ years experience with supporting, voice gateways.
- Experience with PRI’s, trunking, QoS, Call Control, various CODEC’s
- Experience with setting up call signalling.
- Experience with quality of service.
- Experience with design and support of unified communications network.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, or independently with little explicit direction
- Must have good communications skills and experience working with different teams, and directly with the customer
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Intelligent Decisions - 20 months ago