The Virginia Department of Taxation (TAX) is seeking a highly skilled professional to support the agency's goals by managing and administering TAX's Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Infrastructure, Applications, and Services. The selected candidate will play a key role in ensuring the availability of TAX's voice and data networks including the Contact Center server/client application. This position will also support Computer Telephone Integration (CTI) for the agency.
Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Perform daily monitoring and administration of all VOIP Infrastructure to determine growth patterns of disk space usage and general activity.
- Work with business unites to design, develop, test, and deploy Customer Auto Call Center Distribution, Computer Telephony Integration, and Intelligent Voice Response scripts to support the agency's goals.
- Evaluate and deploy new releases of Contact Center Express and other add-on products.
- Administer VoIP High Availability, Redundancy, and Recovery/Backup.
- Provide assistance in either a team member role or leadership role on special teams/projects.
- Work independently with team leads to accomplish project goals in a timely manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VOIP Solutions and VOIP
- Comprehensive knowledge of Contact Center telephony
concepts and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing
- Comprehensive knowledge of Network and
Windows/VMware High Availability solution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of telecommunications and data
- Comprehensive knowledge of local area and wide area
- Ability to own and manage projects and issues to ensure
they are driven to completion.
- Ability to support a 24x7 production telecom environment.
- Ability to manage work on multiple issues in multiple client
server telephony environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
writing with all levels (technical and non-technical).
- Ability to work effectively within an organization to ensure
agency goals are met.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams within a
complex open system IT environment.
- Ability to present complex facts to diverse groups in
appropriate oral and written formats.
Experience and Education:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a degree or
certificate in Information Science or a
related field is highly desired.
- Substantial experience in the field of information
- Experience supporting a voice in a production call center
utilizing Legacy, ACD, PBX, or VOIP is required.
- Experience supporting Cisco Contact Center Express, and
supporting a telephony production contact center is
The anticipated hiring salary will be commensurate with experience (Salary Range - $53,510 - $109,818).
Virginia Jobs - 2 years ago