The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of hospital volunteer events and fundraising activities. The incumbent will also assist with arranging community outreach meetings, including occasionally giving presentations to educate organizations on volunteer opportunities at The Methodist Hospital. The Coordinator will assist the Director in the development and implementation of new programs to increase the quantity and quality of the volunteer population at Methodist.
1) Plans and coordinates approximately 6 luncheons annually honoring Service Corps, Auxiliary and CanCare volunteers.
2) Schedules, plans and coordinates approximately 9 officer luncheons annually for the Volunteer Director and Vice President of Guest Services.
3) Plans, schedules and coordinates vendor sales and bazaars for the Auxiliary.
4) Participates in the design and development of new programs for Volunteer Services (for example, palliative care, patient advocate, art and gift carts).
5) Assists with arranging community outreach meetings, including occasionally giving presentations to educate organizations on volunteer opportunities at The Methodist Hospital. Presentations will be given to organizations such as churches and to the corporate community.
6) Participates in the development, updating and maintenance of the Volunteer web page, Volunteer newsletter, and the Volunteer bulletin board.
7) Coordinates the SAFETY PROGRAM for the Volunteer Services Department.
8) Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
9) Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards encountered in the work environment.
10) Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and combination of education, training and experience working with volunteers and/or volunteer-related events and fundraisers.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to build relationships between the current and new volunteers. Must possess a comfort level with events coordination and fundraising. Excellent grammar and verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Good analytical and creative thinking skills.
- 3 years ago - save job
As a diverse, inclusive and growing health care system, we offer a lifetime of meaningful careers within our many facilities. Facilities...