Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth and investment management. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Additionally our clients benefit from access to the breadth of personal, corporate and investment banking expertise across Barclays, one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
It is the policy of Barclays Capital to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The Branch Ops team is responsible for supporting the Wealth and Investment Management Americas business by performing the following functions (which include, but are not limited to): Provide support and oversight for wealth management branch offices; Validation and approval of client funds disbursements and receipts, Client account and documentation processing, Trade processing, Fails management; General sales support services. These functions are performed in 8 branch offices. The sales activities supported include both fee and transaction based products and services distributed by the high net worth sales force comprised of Investment Representatives and their Certified Sales Assistants.
- Trade processing.
- Client account and documentation processing.
- Fails investigation and resolution.
- Review daily Outgoing Cash Activity; Incoming Cash Activity and Returned Wire Activity reports.
- Review daily Third Party Journal Report.
- Review daily Check Deposit Reports (Deposit slips, check log, ADP report, etc.).
- Review daily Check Void Report (if applicable).
- Review daily Transit Report.
- 5+ years investment/brokerage operations experience.
- Series 7, and 8 License is required.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Must be able to read and write in Spanish.
- Under a low level of supervision, maintain and prioritize tasks simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Understands basic data processing concepts and terminology.
- Proven track record of hard work and accomplishment.
- Prior Management Experience.
- Knowledge of the Wealth Management industry.
- Integrity, energy, flexibility and a proven commitment to highly consistent, high quality work.
- Ability to excel in a high pressured, deadline oriented environment.
- Strong analytical skills; problem solver.
- Solid oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior managers.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong service/client orientation.
- Self reliant/self starter.
- Sound PC Skills.
- Extensive knowledge of portfolio accounting systems.
- Project management background a plus.
Barclays Investment Bank
- 2 years ago - save job
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...