NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Vice President of Cable Entertainment Technology is responsible for all aspects of Technology strategy, Technology program delivery, and operational support for the NBC Universal Cable Entertainment division.
Own business engagement for all Technology services, and manage relationships with senior business leadership team across Cable Entertainment
o Drive yearly Technology planning and budgeting process
o Share regular budget updates with financial transparency
o Provide regular updates to business leadership on operational issues, service levels, and project status
Develop 3-5 year Technology strategy for Cable Entertainment
o Participate as a key contributor in long term planning process for Cable Entertainment
o Develop long term Technology infrastructure and application strategy in alignment with business goals and objectives
Oversee Technology System Operations
o Oversee portfolio of Cable Entertainment business applications; including operational and financial/billing systems
o Support entire Cable Entertainment user population across multiple sites
o Manage high visibility escalations
o Track and ensure service levels are being met
Manage relationships with Technology shared services leaders and serve as liaison for all infrastructure services to the Cable Entertainment business.
o Meet regularly with shared services and infrastructure leaders to understand technology and platform roadmaps
o Oversee client services team aligned to Cable Entertainment to optimize end-user capabilities and service levels.
o Provide oversight on delivery of infrastructure services that directly impact day-to-day operations as well as key projects and initiatives.
o Represent Cable Entertainment on all Enterprise-wide Technology projects
Collaborate with West Coast Cable Entertainment support team to share best practices and look for opportunities to collaborate on a comprehensive technology strategy for Cable Entertainment across NBCU.
Provide direction to the Broadcast & Cable Application Platform Technology team in support of Cable & Entertainment business requirements
Manage a portfolio of technology projects with direct accountability to senior business leaders
Lead a team of employees & contractors
• Requires a B.A./B.S. in computer science, business administration or other relevant field and 10+ or more years of experience in progressively responsible information technology positions, including 5 or more years in management.
• Strong background in software development, applications management, IT operations or related field
• Ability to lead, develop, and coach a team of managers
• Ability to work in a high stress and demanding environment of a 24/7 operation
• Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
• Superior customer service skills
• Strong written communication and oral presentation skills
• Integrity: Do the right thing and treat people right.
• Creativity: The environment and resources to dream new dreams.
• Teamwork: We're smarter and more dynamic together.
• Pioneering Spirit: The drive to invent the future.
• Ownership: Act like an owner, not a renter.
NBC Universal - 10 months ago
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of...