Headquartered Globally in Nuremburg, Germany and Nationally in New York, GfK Custom Research North America (www.gfkamerica.com) is part of the GfK Group (www.gfk.com), the world's fourth largest market research company. GfK Custom Research North America combines the global resources of the GfK Group with the local knowledge of North America's leading research and consulting divisions delivered by more than 700 employees in the US and Canada. Beyond our sector-specific experts, specialty practice areas and research centers of excellence, we deliver unmatched knowledge designed to help our clients grow their business.
GfK Brand & Communications is a division of GfK Custom Research North America that specializes in research on brands and brand/marketing communications. This business unit is part of the GfK Custom Research North America sector-matrix organization. With close collaborative relationships with business units that operate in vertical sectors (Consumer, Financial Services, Automotive, Technology, Media), GfK Brand & Communications is an interdisciplinary team of Brand & Communication research experts bringing the latest thinking, research methods and insights to clients across all these sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Based in Seattle, the successful candidate will report to the client engagement leader for Brand and Communications in Seattle. He/She will play a leadership role in the client relationship, management, retention and expansion of business with existing clients.
• Function as the liaison for client relationships, responsible for managing client engagements.
• Serve as a Fact-Based Consultant to formulate/structure engagements in a way that will drive to compelling delivery of marketing and business insights.
• A hands-on mentality of extracting insights out of the data for a certain topic in a very short time, and tell a compelling story.
• Interact with GfK leadership within Custom Research North America as well as with GfK globally; daily interaction with teams in Germany to ensure delivery of project work.
• Work closely and collaboratively with a Project team on all client activity. Will work on cross cultural teams (US and German based) where the culture is a very open, one - collegial and hard working. The team works very effectively together.
• Ensure a thorough understanding of client needs, and respond with appropriate training and support in the use, and expansion of custom brand and communication services.
• Client focused account management techniques as required.
• Ensure the tracking of successful renewal of existing contracts.
• Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Ability to moderate in client workshops and meetings, with an active contribution. Being able to express the up/downsides of decisions; to raise pit-falls in a solution oriented manner with tact and diplomacy.
• The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in a lean, hands-on-environment, and will recognize the need to be in front of clients regularly, i.e. can efficiently balance his/her time between field-based and office-based activity (including but not limited to client meetings, workshops, data analyses etc).
• Need to understand Brand and Campaign Tracking/ Brand and Marketing communications.
• Can manage a project in terms of advertising/campaign design and outcome.
• He/she will be bright, self-confident, and appropriately aggressive and tenacious.
• His/her personality should be characterized by such traits as straightforwardness, flexibility and absolute integrity.
• This individual must be creative, hardworking, and possess excellent judgment.
• Ability to persuade.
• A high degree of maturity, mental toughness and resilience.
• Strategic, creative and analytically-oriented in order to develop smart solutions in complex situations.
• A quick study who can grasp the major issues of the company and the industry.
• Must be a real team player.
• A proven track record building of strategic and long term client relationships. Ideally, ten years of experience in custom research.
• History of successful high-level client relationships, overseeing large and complex engagements, working with cutting-edge account management techniques and tools.
• Experience in managing global trackers a must.
• Experience on the client-side or with an advertising or media agency is a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree highly preferred
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience and full benefits package.
GfK Custom Research North America - 15 months ago