Assists in managing the organization’s credit risk by maintaining a thorough understanding of the various lending unit’s business strategies, goals and objectives. In addition, this role will be considered an integral partner of the various lending units and will be included in discussions relating to credit of specific customers as well as the portfolio in general.
Key Accountabilities :
- Under the direction of the SVP, CCO will work closely with the SVP Commercial Regional Leaders, Commercial Relationship Managers and underwriters in each region to structure and approve commercial transactions.
- Approves transactions that require Credit Officer or higher approval based on the following criteria:
- Soundness and collectability of proposed transactions
- Compliance with underwriting and structuring guidelines
- Consistency with the business goals and objectives of the sponsoring lending unit
- Capacity of the sponsoring lending unit to manage prudently
- Maintains a working knowledge of the significant names in each portfolio, focusing on dollars and risk ratings, including the lending unit’s strategy.
- Monitors lending unit compliance with credit policy and underwriting standards.
- Contributes to the development of specialty lending underwriting standards and guidelines.
- Monitors the overall credit quality of assigned portfolios, including the following:
- Risk ratings
- Policy exceptions
- Hold limit exceptions
- Provides early identification of potential problem credits.
- Liaison in various internal and external examinations and in remedial work undertaken as a result of such examinations.
- Recommends changes to policies, procedures and controls and monitoring mechanisms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years or progressively responsible experience in bank credit or lending positions.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Highly skilled in credit worthiness
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) and organizational skills
- Superior leadership skills
- Background in CRE and C&I lending including workout strategies
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Motivated and detailed-focused professional
Berkshire Bank - 14 months ago
Berkshire Hills Bancorp is the holding company for Berkshire Bank, which serves individuals and small businesses through some 60 branches in...