VP, Customer Care
Location: Pasadena, CA
Job Function: Customer Support and Client Care
Job Code: 1199
# of openings: 1
Green Dot (NYSE: GDOT), which launched in 1999, is a publicly traded bank holding company primarily regulated by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. The Company provides widely distributed, low cost banking and payment solutions to a broad base of U.S. consumers. Green Dot's products and services include its market leading category of General Purpose Reloadable (GPR) prepaid cards and its industry-leading cash transfer network. Green Dot reloadable prepaid debit cards are designed for long-term, general spending and budgeting purposes and can be used everywhere that MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted. Green Dot has a wide product distribution network that includes approximately 60,000 retail stores nationwide, where 95% of Americans shop. Green Dot is headquartered in the greater Los Angeles area. For more details, visit www.greendot.com
Vice President, Customer Care Operations
The VP of Customer Care Operations is the key member of the Contact Center and Operating leadership of Green Dot, and is responsible for the execution of Green Dot’s customer contact channel strategy, and overall service support strategy. He/she will ensure the consistent and efficient delivery of world class customer service.
The position reports to the SVP, Operations and will oversee in-house contact operations in Pasadena, California, and outsourced customer support call centers in Guatemala and the Philippines. He/she will also oversee IVR’s and email support, quality assurance, training, escalated complaints, offline and risk processing. The position will be responsible for building, scaling and operations for contact center(s) that handle and process one million call agents per month, and ten million IVR’s per month.
The company is growing at 15% per year. Success will be measured by the organization’s ability to provide high quality services while meeting service level standards, improving call resolution, increased use of resources and adaptation of new proven technologies to increase efficiency. The leader in this role will actively contribute to the overall company operational targets as well as the daily business decisions.
The executive in this role will actively contribute to the overall company strategies as well as the daily business decisions. This position is considered a key management position. The successful candidate should possess character traits that include a professional, ethical attitude and behavior in day-to-day business dealings. Specifically, the ideal individual should be assertive, but not overly aggressive. He/she should be a highly-intelligent “doer” as well as a strategic thinker with a strong goal and metrics orientation. The successful candidate’s attitudes and behaviors are expected to promote management’s belief in the value of the individual to the organization and uphold Green Dot’s core values.
- Execute on the vision and strategy for Green Dot to provide to its customers world class customer service.
- Dramatically improve contact quality as measured by email and end of call CSAT survey.
- Develop and execute strategies to drive first call resolution. Implement reporting to track performance against service level expectations and variances.
- Develop and implement improved approaches to resolve customer complaints including improvement of a tiered customer escalation program.
- Be fully engaged and be a strong contributor to the Contact Center Team as well as the company management team.
- Bring functional expertise/ leadership, sound judgment and knowledge to assist SVP in setting strategic direction, challenge plans or assumptions for the Contact Center.
- Analyze and implement servicing strategies to best support Green Dot’s customers considering outsourced off-shore, outsourced on-shore, work at home and company owned contact centers.
- Develop and deploy robust call tracking solutions that provide actionable results. Use results to drive unnecessary call volume reductions and support customer needs.
- Regularly communicate (listen/share) broadly across the organization to ensure all employees are aware of progress against key departmental and company initiatives and ensure expectations are well managed. Must be approachable and highly visible throughout the organization.
- Analyze current state and implement solutions that empower team members with appropriate controls to solve customer issues at the front line.
- Meet or exceed expense budget expectations. Drive year over year expense improvements through improved call quality and first call resolution.
- Develop short- and long-term objectives that achieve efficient and effective customer interactions.
- Maintain and report on service level standards and manage the contact center operation within budget.
- Review current partner contracts and determine appropriate success metrics that drive productivity while delivering customer satisfaction through penalty/bonus factors, staff allocation and contract termination clauses.
- Assist with construction and negotiation of contracts that deliver the desired results.
- Develop and execute plans to increase revenue of contact center interactions.
M MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in the contact center industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communicate directly with internal and external customers and vendors, as required, to assure the proper resolution of concerns and satisfaction of inquiries.
- Direct and demonstrative experience leading large, global contact center operating teams in a high volume transaction environment and for highly innovation companies
- Demonstrated past success in improving call quality and successful implementation of comprehensive training programs
- Direct experience in working both with off-shore contact center providers and running domestic contact centers.
- At least 10 years experience at fast paced, highly innovative companies.
- Familiarity with financial institutions regulatory environment.
- Ability to analyze call center statistics to identify trends and take appropriate action.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including team leadership, conflict resolution and listening; ability to manage a variety of constituencies, internal and external.
- Accurate and persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Proven negotiation skills.
- Action-oriented ability to identify and implement opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously without compromising quality.
- Ability to work under pressure and in strict time frames to accomplish win-win results.
- Ability to work across the organization in a highly collaborative way.
- Ability to engage and motivate hourly and frontline employees while assisting with the creation and implementation of business strategies at the executive level.
- Possesses problem-solving capabilities: intellectually resourceful; possess sound judgment and keen discernment; strategically-focused.
- Leadership characteristics: ability to mentor and develop executive bench strength; determine company’s values agenda; serve as a trusted role model; clearly define expectations; demonstrate recognition and concern for others; drive, embrace and generate enthusiasm for change; see alternatives beyond traditions and habits; surround self with needed talent; delegate and trust others to get job done.
- Must be a collaborative, team-oriented leader who keeps an open mind.
- Strong technical understanding of call center technologies.
Green Dot Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
If you've got the green but not the plastic, Green Dot would like to help. The company offers prepaid debit cards through approximately...