Our client, creator of a suite of photo editing tools with more than 2,000 partners, 25 million active users, and 2 billion photos edited, is now looking for a VP of Engineering to help grow and manage the engineering team tha.
A Day in the Life
What You Bring to the Table
- Define development philosophy and methodology
- Create and foster an environment that allows developers to execute quickly and efficiently.
- Hands-on management of the technical teams operational performance
- Working with the CTO, bridging high-level architecture decisions into a schedule and actual technical implementation
- Provide input into infrastructure and platform planning
- Manage input from Business Development on new partner implementations and requirements
- Motivate/mentor different personality types and keep them on track
- Implement best practices for light weight process (sprints, scrum, etc...) into the engineering workflow.
- Allocate engineering resources to meet product roadmap milestones
- Contribute code as necessary
- Advocate for Engineering during executive meetings
- Actively recruit engineering talent
"The ideal candidate would come from a good school, have roots in a small startup and will have grown the engineering teamdramaticallyand successfully making use of agile processes and flexible but smartdevelopmentmethodology."
- A strong programming background is a must, as is familiarity with major languages (C, C++, Java, J2EE, C#, .Net) and general programming best practice.
- 5+ years experience as programmer.
- 3+ years management / director level experience
- Experience managing an onsite team of 40+ engineers
- Programming depth.
- Highly organized and schedule oriented.
- Motivational people-person (extroverted).
Why You Want This Job
Become the companys voice of Engineering
** Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. independent of company sponsorship **
- Become part of a stable and highly successful company
- Work with brilliant, creative people who are passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary and paid medical/dental insurance, stock options
- Liberal time-off/vacation/holiday and Flex-time policy
- Start-up culture
- Fully stocked fridge and weekly team lunches
- Easy walk from Penn Station
At Aegistech, opportunity is our business. For nearly two decades we have facilitated thousands of full-time and contract IT placements for...