VP of Engineering is responsible for managing the Engineering department in the support of startups, facility and operation design, and process improvement initiatives.
- Develops Engineering personnel to include: recruiting, training, direction, and guidance
- Collaborates with Regional VPs to identify process improvement projects
- Confers with Business Development, PMO, Facilities, Risk Management, IT, and other departments to support startups of new operations
- Ensures the needs of a particular project are met and the project is successfully completed
- Manages annual P&L of Engineering department and annual process improvement cost savings budget
- Provide analytic support to Senior Management
- Creates and presents reports on Engineering activities
- Duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from a 4 year college or university
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 6 to 8 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years Auto CAD experience
- PC literate to include Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
OHL - 10 months ago
OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and...