At PlumChoice we are evolving from a technology-enabled services company to a software/services company that will enable the next generation of technical service/support. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions that increase both the customer experience as well as the productivity of the provider’s service delivery organization. We value initiative, a “let’s find a way” attitude and collaborative work styles. We are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting growth company and be part of building the future with us.
PlumChoice is undergoing an evolution from a labor-based technical services company to a software-driven support automation provider. Our strategy has synchronized these two models by developing and applying our new technologies to our own technical agent labor force before externalizing these capabilities to multiple market segments. The Engineering team is the centerpiece of this corporate pivot as our success will ultimately be determined by the functionality, extensibility, scalability, integrity and modularity of our solutions. As we make this pivot we are looking for a seasoned Engineering VP with a deep understanding of product development in a SaaS environment but who is also grounded and adept in both the market as well as the business tradeoffs that navigating such corporate change will require. This person will lead a diverse organization that includes multiple development and QA teams, a client/professional services function and an infrastructure team, some of whom reside off-shore. This person will work closely with Product Management, Operations, Sales, Marketing and the executive team to not only build, deliver and support outstanding products but also to contribute to the go-to-market activities of the company.
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Translate company and product goals into engineering-specific goals and deliver on those in a creative, economic and efficient manner on a predictable, reliable basis.
- Define structure and operation of the engineering function as a coordinated unit, with focus on clear delineation of requirements and specifications as well as rigorous design control and documentation by following best practices to achieve high quality cost-effective results.
- Optimize resource type and location within budget constraints considering outsourcing and off-shoring of work as appropriate.
- Foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurial behavior in engineering
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate industry specifications including PCI
- Produce accurate budget and schedule estimates for development projects and manage engineering resources according to agreed-upon priorities.
- Develop, submit, and manage Engineering budgets for expense, capital, and headcount. Ensure the competencies and skills of the engineering team are well-suited and aligned with both current and future demand expectations.
- Develop resources to stay ahead of the technology curve in our chosen areas.
- Potentially represent the company externally, be it via byline articles, presentations at industry symposia, customer presentations, etc.
- Some travel (up to 20%)
- 10+ years of experience managing development teams to create software and SaaS products, preferably in the support automation, help desk, ISV or software tools spaces
- Substantial technical depth
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- 10+ years of executive management experience, preferably in the support automation, call center, help desk, ISV or software tools spaces.
- Ability to develop, execute and manage engineering strategy
- Demonstrated leadership skill, strong engineering & business presence
- Demonstrated strategic and operational thinking skills
- Forward thinking to establish organization for current and desired future state of business Ability to influence executive leadership, peers, direct and non-direct reports
- Multi-department and multi-disciplinary leadership experience within engineering and beyond
- Large project and/or program management experience
- International experience a plus
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess a “what’s possible” work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline is required
- Masters preferred, either in a technical discipline or an MBA
PlumChoice, Inc. - 5 months ago