Job Title: VP, Finance & Assistant Corporate Controller
Reporting directly to the SVP, Corporate Controller, the VP, Sr. Director Finance & Assistant Corporate Controller will be a key business partner to the CFO and his team driving change and overall process improvement throughout the organization. On a day to day basis, he/she will also be responsible for overseeing the corporate accounting and consolidation functions as well as acting as a key member of the finance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key member of VeriFone’s senior finance team supporting VeriFone’s overall business objectives
• Partnering with the Senior Vice President & Corporate Controller, as a key driver in building an infrastructure to support the company’s overall growth as well as improved profitability.
• Responsible for establishing certain of VeriFone’s accounting policies and procedures and subsequent compliance with such policies and procedures. Activities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
o Ensuring financial transactions are executed properly and the documentation is complete to ensure accounting is in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and Company policies
o Working with the worldwide regional controllers to ensure excellent corporate governance practices are followed; specifics include but are not limited to training, reconciliation reviews, etc.
• Ensure Company-wide SOX 404 compliance
• Responsible for all of the Company’s recent acquisitions until the integration is completed for areas under the individual’s responsibilities such as set up in Oracle, recording the acquisition correctly, working with the acquired company personnel to ensure internal controls are implemented, etc.
• Responsible for all company finance systems’ projects and implementations including coordinating all projects with the IT team.
• Drives process improvements
• Key member of the Company wide group which works together to drive merging and consolidating legal entities.
Specific managerial responsibilities include the following:
• Manage a team of 40-50 accounting professionals, including managers and supervisors.
• Ensuring VeriFone’s compliance with generally accepted accounting principles worldwide, including foreign exchange accounting and hedging.
• Supervising the Accounts Payable Department including expense reimbursement.
• Assisting in all merger and acquisition due diligence, accounting, and finance integration to ensure compliance with USGAAP as well as the company policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Supervising corporate accounting functions including consolidations.
• Maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures and responsible for Sarbanes Oxley 404 in the department.
• Communicating corporate direction and objectives to staff.
• Defining staffing levels and identifying talented candidates for potential hire.
• Managing staff performance through setting objectives, providing performance feedback/coaching feedback and evaluation.
• Working with cross-functional teams (primarily tax, Treasury, SEC and FP&A) to solve mutual problems.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or similar area required.
• A graduate degree is highly desired.
• Certified Public Accountant or equivalent is required.
• The successful candidate will have 15 to 20 years of experience leading finance organizations in the Technology industry with a preference for software and/or hardware.
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and the compliance issues of a public company.
• Experience with mergers and acquisitions and the integration of acquired companies into existing operations.
• Experience with international operations.
Skills & Ability:
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong organizational skills as well as financial and operational discipline.
• A “change agent” who is continually looking for process improvement opportunities.
• Strong track record of driving results and getting things done inside of medium to large complex and global organizations.
• Intellectually strong, intuitive individual who can identify opportunities to simplify complex processes and present them in a cogent manner.
• Strong communicator both verbally and in writing.
• Highly collaborative and team oriented individual.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated track record of developing talent and teams.
• Exceptional ability to prioritize; be decisive and provide consultative input as appropriate.
• High energy level and strong work ethic.
• Absolute integrity, honesty, maturity and business judgment.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Verifone - 17 months ago
VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic...