South Euclid, OH
Business / financial management
Provosts / Vice Presidents
A Catholic institution in the tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame, the College educates a diverse population in the liberal arts for personal, professional and global responsibility.
Founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame in 1922 as a Catholic, four-year liberal arts institution for women, Notre Dame College sits on 48 picturesque wooded acres, tucked away in South Euclid, a quiet suburban neighborhood just 25 minutes from downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
The Vice President for Finance provides both operational and programmatic support to the College. The Vice President supervises the finance and business affairs offices, student accounts office, monitors the financial aid office for budget compliance, the departments of Human Resources and Building and Grounds. The Vice President reports directly to the President of the College.
- Not-for-profit accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, OMB Circulars A-133, A-110 and A-122, TANF program regulations and compliance requirements, and appropriate Code of Federal Regulations sections.
- General office software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite and MIP software (or other similar not-for-profit general ledger software) and use of databases.
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the College,
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Masters degree preferred but bachelors degree acceptable with equivalent work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- As the Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer, preferably but not necessarily in a non-profit or higher education environment.
- Seven years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 employees.
- 2 years ago - save job