Greatbatch is undergoing a strategic transformation. The company is augmenting its contract manufacturing business model with the development of proprietary, innovative products that can enhance its customers’ new product pipelines while enabling them to maintain their brand identity. As part of this transformation, we are seeking a Vice President, Finance and Treasury will lead the financial planning and analysis function of the company, serve as the lead for external communication of the company strategy to all Greatbatch stakeholders and lead the treasury and risk assurance processes.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Direct reports: Treasury Manager, Financial Analyst
Other key relationships: Senior Team, Wall Street Analysts, Investors and Banks
• Leads and directs the company’s process of developing strategic plans, annual budgets and forecasts. Includes the preparation, analysis and monitoring of the business diagnostics required to drive operating results.
• Drives the company to take action on a timely basis to achieve strategic goals by providing early warning if enablers are not being implemented on a timely basis or expected results are above or below expectations. Recommends solutions to known problems.
• Responsible for effectively communicating financial results, risks, opportunities and recommendations to the ELT/senior leadership, board of directors, associates and investors.
• Represents the views of the investor community to the management team in the development of corporate strategy.
• Provides analytics that support key decisions such as the acquisitions, customer contracts, capital investments and staffing plans.
• Responsible for cash management, covenant compliance, negotiating credit terms and making recommendations on strategy to ELT and the Board.
• Leads the risk assurance function, which includes the analysis of insurance coverage requirements, placement of coverage, negotiation of rates and compliance with reporting.
• Leads and directs the investor relation function, which includes the development of short-term and long-term communication strategy. Communicates with sell-side and buy-side analysts via calls, conferences and non-deal road shows.
• Establishes relations with major banks, investment banks, risk managers and insurers, law firms, and other external advisors in order to create the most effective and productive treasury department. Assesses financing ideas that are presented by commercial banks and investment banks and determines appropriate action steps.
• At least 15 years of experience with increasing responsibility across the finance function in corporate planning and divisional finance roles of a large and complex medical device manufacturing company known for developing top talent.
• Proven success developing robust processes and methods of analyzing, tracking, and reporting profitability and allocating costs, specifically for operating capital projects, across a matrixed organization.
• Track record of presenting and communicating effectively with multiple constituencies, internally and externally, as well as successfully collaborating with business unit leaders.
• Prior experience supporting all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, particularly from a due diligence and integration perspective.
• A history of building strong finance organizations and attracting, retaining, and developing talent.
• M.B.A. and an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, business administration or accounting is preferred, but not required. A CPA is a plus.
Greatbatch - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard